Okay, so, it’s really freaking hot in my workshop. Still. It’s been a couple weeks or so of 30C, in Finland. What the crap?! I didn’t move within spitting distance of the Arctic Circle for this garbage! Rawr!
I’m going slightly bonkers. Still trying to get work done. Somehow. I stand directly in front of the fan and wear a cooling vest so I don’t lose quite as much water via sweat but it’s a daily struggle. Just trying to keep my head clear enough to work without messing things up. Gah!
But the good news is I am well on my way to completing my latest couple of swords (the ones I saved and made gorgeous with the crazy resin glaze experiment). I’m also trying a new product (new to me anyway) called Milliput for the handles. It is a two part epoxy paste that hardens into a very strong plastic in about 4 hours. I absolutely love it so far! Today I’m going to be sanding off all the lumps and bumps and smoothing it into the shape we all know and love. 🙂
More exiting news! I have just ordered the electronic components for the new witchlight design I’m working on! I have many hurdles to overcome with this project which is why it has taken so long. Several of you have requested witchlights and I have not forgotten you! Let me just run over the problems I’m trying to solve:
- How to hide the electronics inside a transparent substance?
- How to make the electronics as small as possible?
- How to conceal the on-off switch?
- How to conceal the opening? (You’re going to have to change the battery sometime…)
- How will it open and close?
- How will the on-off switch work? (Touch? Click? Slider?)
- How can I keep costs as low as possible so people can afford them while still managing to pay rent on my workshop?
- How do the Iron Sisters work in a freaking volcano when I can’t even concentrate at 30C?
All this and more on the next episode of What the Crap am I Doing?! Stay tuned.