Hi guys! Just a quick post to let you know that I’m almost finished with the skeletal outline of the second book of the Blood of Midnight series. Absolutely loving the template I’m working with. It makes everything so much more manageable. I’m still not 100% sure about the title so I’m not going to announce that yet. Soon!
I’m slowly picking my way through the ins and outs of making my book available on DriveThruFiction. There’s a lot of information there. A lot to work through. Hopefully, it will pay off in the end. Apparently they want me to use Scribus to format my book so I downloaded that. It seems they also want me to use Lightning Source Cover Generator for the cover. I think that’s a service I have to sign up for. I’m really not sure yet. One thing at a time. It is rather frustrating having to go through all of this after already having the book nicely formatted and the cover professionally done and then have to start from the beginning because DriveThru uses a different system. Maybe in the future this will all be standardized? Hopefully.
Speaking of covers, I did some tinkering with the cover for Blood of Midnight: The Broken Prophecy but Lulu’s cover generator didn’t seem to like it. I tried to revert back to the previous version but since there’s no function to do that, I had to re-upload the un-tinkered version. This means that I have to purchase yet another copy of my own book in order to verify that it’s ready for distribution despite the fact that it’s absolutely no different than it was before.
So yes, do be careful when publishing through Lulu. A few button clicks can cost you twenty dollars and two more weeks of waiting for another proof to arrive before you can restart distribution.
I did not realize, when I became an author that I would actually be spending most of my time fighting with computers and watching tutorials. … I think I need some more coffee.